Child counseling in Rochester, NH

Child counseling in Rochester, NH

Who does my child need to see?

What is the difference between child counselors,

child therapists, child psychologists and child psychiatrists?

Counselors and therapists both offer kids and teens help with overwhelming emotions, depression, anxiety and any number of problems parents see their child struggling with.  Child psychologists mostly offer testing, for ADHD, for schools needing to assess whether special services are needed, and child psychiatrists specialize in prescribing medications for children.

The special needs of children and teens

Is your youngster or teen moody, angry or easily frustrated? Does he have trouble making or keeping friends? Do you sense these problems are masking anxiety or depression? Many children benefit from counseling when they are struggling at home or at school.

Picture of Lisabeth WotherspoonMy name is Lisabeth Wotherspoon, and I offer kids and teens assistance developing skills to improve self-esteem and self-confidence. I can help your child develop a greater expression of happiness and hopefulness. I work with your child individually, but help him or her learn how to share important information with you to improve your relationship.

I specialize in providing counseling to children aged 11 and older, and teens who are depressed or anxious, and help them learn how to feel better both at home and at school.

Call for a complimentary 15 minute consultation to see if we would be a good fit for each other.